Friday, January 30, 2009

Speed Posting

I'm writing this up on the fly as this is yet another day where I'm off and runninng with brief breaks in between.

The Knitting:

I've been on a bit of a kick...

I've finished these

Monkey Socks in Knit Picks Memories. For my cousin Karen. Ok Karen? Now you have socks. No more asking for handknits for at least a year.

When I finished the cat mittens, I decided I needed a nice hat that didn't make me look, um, phallic

Fern Glade, in Malabrigo Silky. It's perfect.

(Side note: Have you seen the knitty surprises? I love this!)

Once that was done, I needed something else to occupy, so I cast on for the Syncopated Stole, which was the Pride Project of the Seven Deadly S(p)ins Club.

I've gotten past the increases and the first colour change. This is Estonian Lace, with knit and purl instructions on both sides, cables, and also makes something called "Nupps" which are fiddly but fun to say.

I've also finally beaten some cottonease into submission and are well on the way to completing a baby sweater for a colleague of my mom's first grandbaby

Using the Daisy sweater as my base and adding the tulip pattern from my Vogue Stitchionary (which seems to be full of errors, I'm not impressed). The sleeves are already done as I've already knit this a couple of times, but this might be the winner.

The Yarn:
The mail carrier brought me goodies Wednesday!
From the last Yarn Pirate Shop update:

The purple is called "Pixie" and is her bamboo/merino blend, the red is called "Candy Apple" and is the bfl sock. So pretty!

And what might just become my new obsession, from LittleFreak Yarns

The pinkish is called "Think of the Children!" and the green is "Disagreen" and both reference one of my favourite hangouts on Ravelry. Oh rubberneckers, how I love thee!

The New Toy:

My cell phone finally crapped out, with a year to go on the contract (pooh!) but the great customer service rep got me set up with a new one that didn't break the bank. It's quite possibly the world's girliest cell phone

It even came with a tub of lipgloss!!! It also came with a voice activated headset, which means I won't be breaking the law when I use my phone now. Yay!

Ok, so that's us all caught up. I'm off again with this box

of yarns for the big Stash Swap that's happening tonight. I cringe when I think of how much money is represented in that box, but I'm glad that the yarn is going to a new home where it will (hopefully) fulfill it's yarny destiny!

And....I'm gone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great girlie phone!! Love the flowers. I do wish I lived closer to you so we could swap some yarns. :) samm

Steph VW said...

Whoosh - speed read the speed post.

Love the shawl. especially the fun colours.

Joy L. said...

I almost got the same phone!!! My hubby forbids it incase he might having to end up using it one day and refuse to be seen with a square pink phone!