On the thread about October's booty someone said that the yarn needed to be made into a "smokering", also known as a cowl. And listed a pattern called "Old Shale Smokering". I loved it instantly, and as luck would have it my 4.5mm needles had just been liberated from a project, so I cast on.
The pattern itself is pretty mindless...3 rows are just knit and the lace row is simple. This was a great tv knitting project, or knit night project because the motion became very automatic. I knit until the ball of remaining yarn got small enough for me to wonder if I'd have enough to cast off, and voila!
I finished late tuesday night (ok, technically it was real early Wednesday morning). Washed it and blocked it, and it was ready to wear today. Which is good because see that white crap on the ground?
It's everywhere
Winter has arrived.
3 comments:
Your smokering matches the world right now.
It turned out really well! I love it. One of these days I'm going to make myself a cowl.
It's perfect yarn to project! As someone who loves the winter and snow, I hope you get lots of use out of it this winter :)
Post a Comment