Wednesday, October 15, 2008

EXCITED!!!

So many things to be excited about!!!!

Excited about...

The skirt cutie pie is modelling. I knit it when she was one year old to match the sweater I knit with the same yarn (Lucy Neatby BFL, in a colour named Violet something..I don't think you can get it anymore), and she only wore it the once. I was disappointed when she outgrew the sweater, she wore it a lot, and sort of thought she had outgrown the skirt too. Nope. Fits her better now than it did then. Thank goodness she unearthed it out of the bottom drawer.

Excited about...

Mah snazzy new hair do. I told the stylist "No, Short. Make it SHORT! But sort of layered." And she somehow managed to pull from that the exact hairstyle I wanted. Magical hairdresser. For the colour, I went red again but not RED, more brown this time. I love it.

Excited about...this mascara. I didn't take pictures, but lemme tell ya, Movie Star eyelashes. Love it.

Excited about....

Perfectly executed ideas. I wanted a new bag to take with me, something not too big and messenger style. Adjustible strap. With pockets. So I grabbed yarn and started knitting with a vague plan in mind.

But look at how I lined it!

Cam helped me choose the fabric, those gold spots are little ladybugs!!!! The liner...I winged that too. It was a little big, but I made it fit. I am so happy with how this turned out! (Yarn: Knitpicks Wool of the Andes in Pampas Heather)

Excited about...

BATS!!! The pattern is Boo! from the genius at Mochimochiland (I LOVE her stuff!!). The bodies were done in Knitpicks WOA in Stream colourway, the wings are all Patons Classic Merino. They knit up super fast, and I got 3 bodies with lots leftover from one skein of the yarn, so it would be a great way to use up ends. And they are exceptionally cute!! One for each of my munchkins.

Excited about...

Getting to meet this wee girl! My pal Alison had a beautiful baby girl yesterday morning, and I got to hold her and snuggle her tiny self this morning. I also got to be the first of our friends to know because of my mad stalking skills. And while I would love to tell you her name, I can't because as of this morning she still did not have one. Maybe when I get back?

And finally...I am most excited about...

Going to Toronto tomorrow morning!!! Five days away (a good vacation from Mommy duty), a concert that I have dreamt of seeing my entire life, time with friends and family who live away, not to mention the YARN SHOPPING....

Yep. Lots to be excited about. Any more excitement...and I just might explode.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

And here I am, excited because I'm getting a new bathroom vanity installed.

Your news? Way more thrilling. Oooh, mascara. I'll have to check it out.

I looovvvveeee bats. I had to make my peace with them years ago during my field work, when about 30 of them were dive bombing mosquitoes around my head while taking crack of dawn river water samples. Cool, but unnerving.

Hi baby! (I found out by stalking on facebook)

kasiaiscarly said...

Your bag looks so awesome! Great job on the lining! Have so much fun seeing the to-be-single-again Material Girl :)

Stephanie N said...

Wow-that IS a lot to be excited about!!!! I LOVE the new hair-you're foxy!!!!!!
Have so much fun in Toronto-seriously. How often do you get away, sans kids, to do WHATEVER you WANT!

Miss Me said...

all very exciting stuff but i LOVE your new 'do! very flattering.

jkleclerc said...

Love the hair. Have a great time on your trip!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Lots of exciting news! The baby is beautiful. :) Congrats to Allison. Grace's skirt looks just fine! Way to grow Grace! The bats are so sweet I must get to making one for me. :) The haircut and colour are gorgeous and the bag is just right for your trip! I just five minutes ago made a lining fit a bag I finished today. It's a wee bit gathery but once it's filled it evens out better. Besides it's just for me! You have a wonderful trip. You will, I know. Wish I could come to T.O. to meet you too. Bon voyage, Lesley! samm

Anonymous said...

o m g!!! your hair is GORGEOUS with a massive capitol "G"!!!! have an amazing time in TO. the bag is too cool! LOVE THE BATS!!!! have to check out the mascara! must say it again --- the hair is fabulous!
Heather

Valerie said...

Love the hair! Cute little batties, too.

Lisa said...

1 - The hair is just FAB! I love the cut and the color!

2 - The skirt is too cute! I love it when things get to make a second appearance.

3 - The baby is cute, but more so because it is belongs to someone else.

4 - The bats are so cute, I will have to make Trouble and Munchkin some.....maybe me too....