Eventually the cool water became too much for Grace and she wanted out. So her and I headed for shore and our towels. It seemed to take forever for her to warm up, but finally the shivering slowed and she stopped crying and had a snack:

You know, I almost did not bring her sweater, I sort of tossed it in her bag and laughed at myself a little. Imagine needing a wool sweater at the beach! Well, my little ducky was shivering so bad if I hadn't had the sweater I think she would have rattled apart! BTW: the wool here is Lucy Neatby's Celestial Yarn Blue-Faced Leicester in African Violet The colour is simply delicious. The pattern is Daisy by the Harlot. I chose to skip buttons and put in a zipper. And how cute does she look in a bathing suit, towel and wooly sweater? If you look close her shivering lips match it quite well!
After she settled and was enjoying a snack, I pulled out the pink sock and did a few rows on the heel flap. Nearly done the flap, then I can move on to the turning. Someday I'll finish it, honest.

Eventually Cam decided he too had had enough of watery fun, however he had played in the sand for a bit and was covered in it. Here we see Phil explaining to Cam that he needed to just pop back in the water for a second to rinse off and the he could be wrapped up cozy in his towel.

Cam felt that he did not need to go back in since he was already freezing and did not want too. This conversation ended with Phil picking Cam up and taking him into the water and rinsing him. All of our beach trips end this way. Ya think maybe someday he'll just rinse off on his own? Or are we destined to forever force the child into the water screaming like we are tearing him apart?
Then Cam, wrapped in two towels, settled in with Grace to eat his snack:

You'd never know that just moments before he was totally losing it. Sigh. Amazing what producing a camera will do for a disposition. And yep, Grace is dressed in her dry clothes, and still has on her sweater. It was around the time we were leaving when her shivers came to a full stop.
And here is a shot of me and the man, only two weeks to go until our wedding day

All in all a nice family time was had at the beach. If it wasn't so foggy, I'd suggest going again today (what the heck is going on with our weather? We get a nice day, then a crap day, and so on. Irritating, because the field by our playground NEVER gets dry!).
4 comments:
Drama, drama, drama!
That's what my friend, the 1st grade teacher always says about her students.
Those kids are so darned cute.
Hey, we went to the beach too today. Andrew never got wet enough to shiver, he doesn't like to go much past his knees!
Cute kids! We tend to avoid the beaches on this coastline, but will sometimes attempt the northumberland strait (slightly warmer).
Hey, you're getting married on my birthday!
(so did Charles and Diana, I only know that because somebody had bought my parents a commemorative plate marking the event. No, they are not monarchists. I have no idea why someone, most likely a grandmother or great-aunt, thought the plate was a great gift.)
Hey Moe. Birch Cove is on Lake Banook, it's probably pretty warm right around now, cause Banook isn't the biggest deepest lake around. We tend to hit the lake beaches as well, cause that Atlantic is pretty darn cold!
Post a Comment